February 5, 2009 at 12:34 pm #1452March 23, 2018 at 10:21 pm #5094
Due to the continued threat of thunderstorms this afternoon and concern for the safety of our riders, this mission is a STAND DOWN for the ABIA portion. Centex PGR will establish a flag line at the funeral home in Killeen with staging at 5:05 pm. map link: tinyurl.com/yctptck
Confirmed mission: The family of Gunners Mate Seaman Devin Hunter Fasulo has requested the participation of the Patriot Guard Riders in his return to Texas. This will be a law enforcement escorted procession from ABIA to Killeen.
The funeral portion is pending but will take place in the Centex PGR Region.
Date/Time: Wednesday, 28 March 2018. Flight arrival at Austin Bergstrom Intl Airport (ABIA) via Delta Airlines scheduled for 3:20 pm.
Staging Location: Airline Freight facility, 3400 Spirit of Texas Drive, ABIA
Directions: From TX 71, take the ABIA CARGO exit and turn south onto Spirit of Texas Dr. Stay on that road all the way to the end. The facility parking lot will be the last one on the right before the gate.
Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/8rGcUjUb5H32
2:15 – 2:45 pm – Staging
2:45 pm – Briefing
Recovery ceremony per ABIA operations.
Wx: Hi 72 deg, 100% rain chance
Notes: Bring a bottle of water for yourself and one for a friend. Arrive at the staging fully fueled and fed.
1) Be prepared for possible itinerary revisions.
2) If PGR is allowed plane-side no four wheelers are allowed beyond the gate.
3) There are no public restrooms at the staging area. Plan accordingly.
4) WEATHER PERMITTING, We will join an LEO escorted procession to Harper Talasek Funeral Home in Killeen, an approx 80 mile ride with no intermediate stops. Route is determined by LEO and might include toll roads. All toll charges are the responsibility of the individual rider.
5) Fly your big flags! Bike-mounted flags must be able to withstand highway speeds.
6) Do not attempt to join the procession in route. It is unsafe and detracts from our mission.
7) If you do not plan to ride in the procession from beginning to end, do not participate in this mission.
8) If the weather forecast holds we will NOT participate in the procession.. Centex PGR is planning a flag line at the funeral home for the arrival of the procession.
Ride Captain: Keith Longacre, email@example.com, (512) 751-8955
Flag Wrangler: N/A
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.