February 5, 2009 at 12:34 pm #1586October 4, 2019 at 12:05 am #5410
Confirmed mission: The family of Specialist Ethan Carey Brown has requested the participation of the Patriot Guard Riders in his return to Texas. Specialist Brown served in the US Army and was stationed at Ft Benning, GA.
More about his life and family can be read here: https://www.beckchapels.com/obituary/ethan-brown
This is the airport recovery portion of this mission. The funeral portion is pending and if confirmed will be a separate mission thread.
Date/Time: Friday, 04 October 2019. Flight arrival at Austin Bergstrom Intl Airport (ABIA) expected at 2:35 pm via Southwest Airlines.
Staging Location: Southwest Airlines Freight facility, 3400 Spirit of Texas Drive, ABIA, Austin, TX 78719
Directions: From TX 71, take the ABIA CARGO exit and turn south onto Spirit of Texas Dr. Stay on that road all the way to the end. The facility parking lot will be the last one on the right before the gate.
Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/8rGcUjUb5H32
1:20 – 1:50 pm – Staging
1:50 pm – Briefing
Recovery ceremony per ABIA operations.
Wx: Hi 93 deg, partly cloudy
Notes: Bring a bottle of water for yourself and one for a friend. Arrive at the staging fully fueled and fed.
1) SPC Brown is being flown to Austin via a commercial flight so be prepared for possible itinerary revisions.
2) It is unknown if the PGR will go plane-side, but if so no four wheelers are allowed beyond the gate.
3) There are no public restrooms at the staging area. Plan accordingly. There are restrooms, fuel, and snacks available at the Cell Phone lot which you'll pass on the way to the staging location.
4) We will join an LEO escorted procession to Beck Funeral Home on Hwy 1431 in Cedar Park, an approx 40 minute ride with no intermediate stops. Route is determined by LEO and might include toll roads. All toll charges are the responsibility of the individual rider.
5) Fly your big flags! Bike-mounted flags must be able to withstand highway speeds.
6) Do not attempt to join the procession in route. It is unsafe and detracts from our mission.
7) If you do not plan to ride in the procession from beginning to end, do not participate in this mission.
Ride Captain: Keith Brown, email@example.com, (512) 422-6310
Flag Wrangler: N/A
Please watch the website and email for possible updates to this mission and attend to show our gratitude for this soldier's service and support his family in their time of great loss.October 5, 2019 at 1:40 am #5413SquibbyModerator
The sun was out in full force but that did not stop the 8 PGR members from attending to show their respect for this soldier how left this earth way to soon. The guard took our place in the procession and with APDs motor officers the trip to the funeral home was as good as they come. When we arrived we stood up a line to render a salute as they removed this young man from the coach. I urge you to attend the service for this young soldier on Sunday. God Bless the family, those that attended and those that couldn't.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.