- This topic is empty.
May 13, 2021 at 8:08 pm #5957markwellsKeymaster
Short Notice Confirmed mission: The family of PO1 Galen Thornbush has requested the participation of the Patriot Guard Riders in his return to Texas. Petty Officer Thornbush served in the US Navy aboard the USS George HW Bush and is from San Antonio.
This mission is an ABIA airport recovery and LEO escorted procession to Chapel Hill Funeral Home in San Antonio Texas. As a result the SA PGR will be the lead on this mission with assistance by AUS PGR.
Date/Time: Friday, 14 May 2021. Flight arrival at Austin Bergstrom Intl Airport (ABIA) expected at 1:45 pm..
Staging Location: Airport Freight facility, 3400 Spirit of Texas Drive, Austin, TX 78719
Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/8rGcUjUb5H32
Directions: From TX 71, take the ABIA CARGO exit and turn south onto Spirit of Texas Dr. Stay on that road all the way to the end. The facility parking lot will be the last one on the right before the gate.
12:00 – 12:30 pm – Staging
12:30 pm – Briefing
Recovery ceremony per ABIA operations
Wx: Considerable cloudiness. High around 80F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph
Notes: Bring a bottle of water for yourself and one for a friend. Arrive at the staging fully fueled and fed.
1) PO1 Thornbush is being flown to Austin via a commercial flight so be prepared for possible itinerary revisions.
2) It is not certain that the PGR will go plane-side, but if so no four wheelers are allowed beyond the gate.
3) There are no public restrooms at the staging area. Plan accordingly. There are restrooms, fuel, and snacks available at the Cell Phone lot which you’ll pass on the way to the staging location.
4) The LEO escorted procession to San Antonio which follows has no intermediate stops. Route is determined by LEO and might include toll roads. All toll charges are the responsibility of the individual rider.
5) Fly your big flags! Bike-mounted flags must be able to withstand highway speeds.
6) Do not ride in the procession unless you plan to go all the way to San Antonio. It is unsafe and detracts from our mission to intentionally drop out in route.
7) If you attend the ABIA portion but do not plan to ride to San Antonio, please inform the ride captain so plane side staging and departure can be planned appropriately.
SA Ride Captain: Andy “Uncle Guido” Schwartz, 210-800-3547, firstname.lastname@example.org
AUS Ride Captain: Jim Callison, (907) 321-3854
Please watch the website and email for possible updates to this mission and attend to show our gratitude for this sailor’s service and support his family in their time of great loss.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.