CenTex Portion of North Texas Mission
SSgt Ross Franks, Korean War Veteran
The family of SSgt Ross Franks has requested the presence of the Patriot Guard Riders at the interment of their Loved One on Saturday, 14 May 11 at 1500 at the Hemelline Cemetery located just southwest of Gatesville, TX.
The North Texas PGR will participate in the Memorial Service in Arlington, TX. The family will then proceed in a private procession to Hemelline Cemetery where the CenTex PGR will stand to honor their Loved One. CenTex will have two staging locations: One in Copperas Cove and also at the Cemetery.
Date: Saturday, 14 May 11
Copperas Cove Staging Location: Behind the Gas Station at the Super Walmart in Copperas Cove, 2720 East Highway 190, Copperas Cove, TX tinyurl.com/WalMartCopperasCove
Staging & Briefing Time: 1245
Cemetery Staging: Hemelline Cemetery, Gatesville, TX. The cemetery is located on the NW corner of the intersections of County Roads 127 & 236. (http://tinyurl.com/HemellineCeme) (The turnoff off 116 is FM 1783, which leads to CR 127)
Staging & Briefing Time: 1400
Flagline Establishment: 1445 +/- Depending on when the family is spotted.
WX: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Northeast wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
1. IF you go directly to the cemetery, PLEASE BE ON TIME. The family is driving down from Arlington and may be early themselves.
2. Arrive topped off, hydrated, bring water for yourself and a buddy.
3. Dress with consideration of the weather conditions.
4. BRING A KICKSTAND PAD you will need it at the Cemetery
5. The Ride Captain will depart for Copperas Cove from Hardtails in Georgetown (http://tinyurl.com/HardtailsGTown) at 1145. If you are in the area, you are more than welcome to ride with me up to the Copperas Cove Staging.
Please join us in honoring this Fallen Korean War Veteran.