February 5, 2009 at 12:34 pm #390November 18, 2010 at 7:13 pm #2927
EXTREMELY SHORT NOTICE – CONFIRMED MISSION
SSG Clayton Wagner, US Army, Viet Nam Veteran/POW
The family of Staff Sergeant Clayton Wagner, US Army, Viet Nam Veteran and POW has requested the presence and participation of the Patriot Guard Riders in the funeral service and interment of their loved one on Friday, 19 Nov 10 at 1030. His service and interment will be held in Brady, Texas.
Date: Friday, 19 Nov 10
Staging Time: 0630
Staging Location: Exxon in Copperas Cove, TX (190 & 116 – 238 W US-190, Copperas Cove TX) tinyurl.com/yeomlb3
Staging Location: Kempner, TX: Shell Service Station just east of Kempner on Hwy 190
Arrival/KSU: 0715 +/-
Staging Location: Lampassas Walmart Parking lot (1710 Central Texas Expressway, Lampasas, TX 76550) located at the SE corner of Hwy 190 & 4th Street in Lampassas. tinyurl.com/37ryls6
Arrival/KSU: 0730 +/-
Staging Location: Wes-T-Go Convenience Stores (Conoco), 801 South Bridge Street, Brady, TX. 325.597.2744 tinyurl.com/2uhkcft
Staging Time: 0900
Staging Location: St Patrick's Church, 406 South Bridge Street, Brady, TX. 325.597.2324 tinyurl.com/3xu5elk
Staging Time: 0935
Once Staff Sergeant Wagner's service is over we will accompany the procession to Rest Haven Cemetery, Brady, TX tinyurl.com/39laynq where we will establish a flagline in his honor during his interment.
WX: Sunny, with a high between 66 and 71. South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
1. Intermediate member pick-ups will occur at the above noted locations (Kempner & Lampasas). Please be there before the posted time as we may arrive a little early or late depending on traffic conditions. We will not "stop" and wait for members to arrive at the intermediate locations. If there is someone there, we will swing in and ride out immediately.
2. Arrive hydrated and bring water for yourself and a buddy. You may wish to bring along snacks.
3. Arrive topped off. There will be no fuel stops between Copperas Cove and Brady. The trip is approximately 98 miles and will take about 2 hours. We will stop in Brady to top off and rest before going over to the Church.
4. Check the weather prior to departing, dress appropriately and be prepared for changes in weather.
Let us join together to honor this Patriot Viet Nam Veteran and Prisoner of War who served our Great Nation so selflessly.
Ride Captain: Mary “Marebear” Gregory; 254-458-2120; MGregory2@hot.rr.com
Brady Ride Captain: John "TC" Wiley; JohnBoy@281.com; 325.388.4698 (H) 325.423.2220 (C)
Assistant Ride Captain/Flag Wrangler: Ron “PACMan” Decker; 254-526-8265, 254-383-6281; email@example.comNovember 19, 2010 at 1:50 am #2932texas coyoteModerator
Posted on 11/18/2010 19:39 Edit Quote
FYI for any GPS users here are some coordinates:
Wes-T-Go Convenience Store
Staging at 9:00a N31deg07'44.48" W99deg20'05.24"
St. Patrick's Catholic Church
Staging 9:35a Briefing 9:40a Flag Line 9:45a Service 10:30a
Rest Haven Cemetery Entrance from Hwy 87
Dress warm for the morning ride and most of all Ride Safe.
TCNovember 19, 2010 at 9:50 pm #2935texas coyoteModerator
Thank you to all the souls who braved the crisp air this morning and made the mission in Brady for Sgt. Clayton Wagner. The family asked that I pass along their many thanks and sincere gratitude to each and every one of you for being there for them in their time of sorrow and need. We do make a difference.
I believe the total tally was 15 souls (counting Hunter), 10 bikes, 1 trike, 2 cages, 1 trailer (with flags), and 1 Sidecar (with Hunter).
Thanks to all of you there in spirit too.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.