February 5, 2009 at 12:34 pm #545July 25, 2011 at 3:51 pm #3352
EXTREME SHORT NOTICE CONFIRMED MISSION
SFC James Patrick Edwards, US Army, Active Duty
The family of Sergeant First Class James Edwards has requested the presence of the Patriot Guard Riders at the Funeral Service of their Loved One on Tuesday, 26 Jul 11 at 1100 in McGregor, TX.
Sergeant First Class James Patrick Edwards of McGregor passed away on Friday at Scott and White Hospital from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident in Gatesville, TX. He was surrounded by lots of family and friends who loved him very much. He enlisted in the US Army at the age of 18 where he trained as a diesel mechanic. He loved teaching his soldiers to “be the best they can be,” and lived the Army NCO Creed. He was often teased that he would “bleed OD Green.” He served in Bosnia, two tours in Korea and three tours in Iraq with the 1st Cavalry Division. He was currently assigned to Ft Hood as a Platoon Sergeant at the III Corps & Fort Hood NCO Academy.
Date: Tuesday, 26 Jul 11
Killeen Staging Time: 0830
Killeen Staging Location: Valero Gas Station, 4402 East Rancier Avenue, Killeen, TX 76543 tinyurl.com/ybybrb5
Killeen Briefing: 0840
Killeen KSU: 0845
McGregor Staging Time: 1000
McGregor Staging Location: Zion Lutheran Church, 1125 West 6th Street, McGregor, TX 76657
McGregor Briefing: 1005
Flagline Establishment: 1010 +/-
WX: Heat Advisory- Hazardous Weather Outlook – Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 104. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.
1. THE FAMILY HAS REQUESTED THAT ALL RIDERS WEAR HELMETS TO AND FROM THE CHURCH.
2. Please hydrate well the night before, bring water for yourself and a buddy and dress with consideration of the weather conditions.
3. From Killeen we will travel up FM 439 then North on 317 to 6th Street in McGregor. Any riders wishing to join us along the way are welcome to do so. This is a fairly long ride and there will be ample opportunities to catch up to the formation, so do so SAFELY.
4. Once the Funeral Service has begun we will break down the flagline and riders will be released. There will be no interment as James' remains were cremated and he will be going home with his wife, Lori.
Please join us in honoring this Army Warrior for his selfless service to our Great Nation.
Ride Captain: Ron “PACMan” Decker; 254.526.8265, 254.383.6281; email@example.com
Assistant Ride Captain: Mary “Marebear” Gregory; 254.458.2120; MGregory2@hot.rr.com
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.