Austin Patriot Guard Riders › Forums › Completed Missions › (Centex) MSG Charles Price, US Army KIA Airport Recovery
- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 9 months ago by markwells.
February 5, 2009 at 12:34 pm #554August 25, 2011 at 4:52 pm #3372
CONFIRMED CENTEX MISSION – AIRPORT RECOVERY
MSG Charles Price, III, US Army, KIA
The family of Master Sergeant Charles Price has requested the presence and participation of the Patriot Guard Riders at the Airport Recovery of their Loved One on Friday, 26 Aug 11 at Robert Gray Army Airfield, West Fort Hood, TX. We will participate in the procession bringing MSG Price to Cameron, TX.
Master Sergeant Charles L. Price III, 40, of Milam, Texas, died 12 Aug 11 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, CO.
Date: Friday, 26 Aug 11
Staging Time: 1015
Staging Location: Parking lot across from Victory Corner at the Clark Road Entrance to West Fort Hood, located on the SW Corner of the Intersection of Hwy 190 & Clarke Road, between Killeen & Copperas Cove. From either direction take the Clarke Road Exit. Remember, the parking lot driveway is at the BEGINNING of the parking lot, NOT at the end of it!
Wheels Down: 1132 – Once the Planeside Honor Ceremony is complete, the procession will depart the airfield for the West Fort Hood main gate where riders will be inserted in front of the Coach and proceed to the Cameron Funeral Home.
WX: Heat Advisory – Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 106. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
1. Arrive at staging on time and topped off.
2. Be prepared for possible changes as this flight may be impacted by Hurricane Irene. We are allowing one hour between briefing and wheels down in case there are any flight time changes.
3. Please hydrate well the night before. Bring water for yourself and a buddy and dress with consideration of the weather conditions.
4. Consider bringing a snack in case of flight time changes.
Please join us in honoring this Hero Warrior for His Ultimate Sacrifice to our Great Nation.
Ride Captain: Mary “Marebear” Gregory; 254.458.2120;
Assistant Ride Captain: Ron “Joker” Smith; 254.415.8204;
FUNERAL AND INTERMENT will be handled by the Austin Patriot Guard Riders. Keep an eye on their website http://www.auspgr.org for mission information for the Funeral and Interment.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.