February 5, 2009 at 12:34 pm #592October 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm #3459
CenTex Addendum to North Texas Mission
David Hall, Belladier of the Traveling Liberty Bell, PGR Member
(RIDERS: Please read the notes below)
The family of David Hall has requested the presence and participation of the Patriot Guard Riders at the Funeral Service and Interment of their Loved one on Saturday, 15 Oct 11 at 1300. To facilitate attendance of any Patriot Guard Members south of the North Texas area who wish to ride up with CenTex, the following is submitted:
Date: Saturday, 15 Oct 11
Staging Time: 0830
Staging Location: Belton McDonalds, 1601 East 6th Avenue, Belton, TX? tinyurl.com/ye6fybc
Briefing Time: 0845
KSU: 0900 (North Texas Staging Time is 1200)
1. Arrive topped off, hydrated, bring water for yourself and a buddy, consider bringing snacks and dress with consideration of the weather conditions.
2. Riders PLEASE familiarize yourselves with the following routes so no one is LOST if we are separated!
a. Route to Mount Olivet Funeral Home, 2301 North Sylvania Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas 76111: tinyurl.com/BeltonMcD2MtOlivetFWTX – 2.5 hrs travel time, not including top-off stop in Hillsboro.
b. Route home: Reverse the above directions.
c. There will be two short, 15-minute fuel stops: one at the halfway mark in Hillsboro (location indicated on the route map above) and another across the street from the Funeral Home prior to arriving at the North Texas Staging Area.
3. Anyone wishing to leave condolences are welcome to visit his Facebook page @ Liberty Bell & Law Memorial, or The National PGR Website @ http://www.patriotguard.org/Forums/tabid/61/postid/1663161/view/topic/Default.aspx.
4. Upon arrival at the Funeral Home all riders will come under the operational control of the North Texas Ride Captains.
WX: Sunny, with a high near 87. South wind around 5 mph.
Ride Captain: Mary “Marebear” Gregory; 254.458.2120; MGregory2@hot.rr.com
Please join us in honoring this True American Patriot for His selfless services to our Great Nation, the Texas Patriot Guard Riders and his community.
Please see the North Texas Website for full obituary and North Texas itineraries http://www.pgrtexas.org/North%20Texas/2011/October/October-14-Hall.htm.October 16, 2011 at 2:38 am #3466
Kudos to Mary for leading this very special mission for Mr. David Hall.
I stood among a little more than a hundred PGR members from throughout our state, as well as those from the neighboring states.
The family requested for all of us to join inside for the funeral service. It was very clear.
The members of the PGR were like family to David Hall. And his family showed us that on this picture perfect day there on the northside of the Trinity river in NE downtown Fort Worth, that they were proud to have had us there with them.
As I fought the IH 35 Raceway, I thought to myself how David made so many trips up and down that highway with his Freedom Bell intow. Like us proud to show our respect.
The Bell still rings David !
Our prayers are with your loveones.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.