February 5, 2009 at 12:34 pm #1329June 17, 2016 at 12:40 am #4810
Confirmed mission: The family of SPC Yingming Sun has requested the participation of the Patriot Guard Riders in his return to Central Texas for his funeral and interment services. SPC Sun died with SSG ColonVazquez when their vehicle was swept away by flood waters during a training exercise at Ft Hood on 03 June 2016. He is originally from Monterrey Park, CA. http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/381890761.html
This is the airport recovery portion of this mission. Funeral and interment services will be in the Belton/Killeen area with details yet to be announced.
Date/Time: Friday, 17 June 2016. Flight arrival at Austin Bergstrom Intl Airport (ABIA) scheduled for 6:39 pm.
Staging Location: US Postal air cargo facility at ABIA.
Directions: From TX 71, take the ABIA CARGO exit and turn south onto Spirit of Texas Dr. At the first stop sign, turn right onto Freight Lane. Stay left at the fork and continue to USPS facility parking lot, which is on the right at the end.
Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/eBRTZWNTRuz
5:15 pm – 5:45 pm Staging
5:45 pm Briefing
Recovery ceremony and departure to Belton per ABIA Airside Ops direction.
Wx: Hi 100 deg, partly cloudy.
Notes: Start hydrating the day before and bring TWO bottles of water for yourself and one for a friend. Sunscreen recommended. Arrive at the staging fully fueled and fed.
1) SPC Sun is being flown to Austin via an American Airlines commercial flight, so be prepared for possible itinerary revisions.
2) Depending on airside operations requirements at the time, we might participate in the recovery ceremony plane-side. No four-wheeled vehicles will be allowed into the ramp area.
3) We will then join an LEO escorted procession to Crotty Funeral Home in Belton, TX. This is a 73 mi procession one-way and will likely utilize the toll road heading north, with no stops. Each vehicle is responsible for toll chgs.
4) It will be HOT out, so consider the condition of you and your bike before committing to this ride. Any bike-mounted flags must be able to withstand highway speeds.
Ride Captain: Keith Brown, (512) 422-6310, firstname.lastname@example.org
Flag Wrangler: N/A
Check the website and watch your email for possible itinerary changes. Please make plans to participate in this procession to honor the service and sacrifice of SPC Sun and his family.June 21, 2016 at 1:39 am #4812SquibbyModerator
Sorry for a late post. We had 9 PGR members participate in the recovery mission for SPC Sun. We were not able to go on the tarmac but we did what we do and were Simper Gumby. Every one made it to Belton to a flag line formed by Cen Tex PGR members. Thanks to those that were able to attend.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.