February 5, 2009 at 12:34 pm #1425December 7, 2017 at 3:03 am #5036
Confirmed mission: The family of PO2 Matthew Hardin has requested the participation of the Patriot Guard Riders in his return to Texas. Additional information is pending.
This is the airport recovery portion of this mission. The funeral portion is pending.
Date/Time: Friday, 08 December 2017. Flight arrival at Austin Bergstrom Intl Airport (ABIA) via Southwest Airlines scheduled for 5:15 pm.
Staging Location: Airline Freight facility, 3400 Spirit of Texas Drive, ABIA
Directions: From TX 71, take the ABIA CARGO exit and turn south onto Spirit of Texas Dr. Stay on that road all the way to the end. The facility parking lot will be the last one on the right before the gate.
Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/8rGcUjUb5H32
4:00 – 4:30 pm Staging
4:30 pm Briefing
Recovery ceremony per ABIA operations.
Wx: Hi 58 deg, partly cloudy
Notes: Bring a bottle of water for yourself and one for a friend. Arrive at the staging fully fueled and fed.
1) PO2 Hardin is being flown to Austin via a Southwest Airlines commercial flight so be prepared for possible itinerary revisions.
2) There is a lot of construction activity at the airport. It is unlikely the PGR will go plane-side, but if so no four wheelers are allowed beyond the gate.
3) There are no public restrooms at the staging area. Plan accordingly.
4) We will join an LEO escorted procession to Cook Walden Capital Parks Funeral Home in Pflugerville, an approx 30 minute ride with no intermediate stops. Route is determined by LEO and might include toll roads. All toll charges are the responsibility of the individual rider.
5) Fly your big flags! Bike-mounted flags must be able to withstand highway speeds.
6) Do not attempt to join the procession in route. It is unsafe and detracts from our mission.
7) If you do not plan to ride in the procession from beginning to end, do not participate in this mission.
Ride Captain: Russ Miller, email@example.com , 512-636-9692
Flag Wrangler: N/A
Please watch the website and email for possible updates to the timing of this mission and attend to show our gratitude for this sailor's service and support his family.December 9, 2017 at 4:34 pm #5039The GhostModerator
6 Bikes and 7 hearty souls showed up at ABIA for the airport recovery of PO2 Hardin. We were again allowed on the tarmac plane side to render honors as the casket was transferred from the plane to the hearse. Two LEO's did a great job with traffic control from the airport to the funeral home. Thanks for all who showed up with special thanks to Sammy and Sassy who traveled to Austin from the Houston area for this mission.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.